Introduction
This assignment is about my favourite famous dancer. I had to make this assignment for art, because the other student went to the theatre. Unfortunately I couldn’t be there so the teacher gave me the opportunity to still talk about dance. I don’t really have a famous dancer. This may be because there are a lot of styles that attract me. I also prefer looking at the dance moves instead of looking at the dancer himself. This is because he didn’t made his own choreography.
This assignment is about my favourite famous dancer. I had to make this assignment for art, because the other student went to the theatre. Unfortunately I couldn’t be there so the teacher gave me the opportunity to still talk about dance. I don’t really have a famous dancer. This may be because there are a lot of styles that attract me. I also prefer looking at the dance moves instead of looking at the dancer himself. This is because he didn’t made his own choreography.
I have chosen John Travolta as my subject. He is a very talented man and well-known. The reason why I have chosen him is that he is a dancer who personates the feelings. Some dancer just dance, but when you look at him it is almost like he is telling a story. He expresses the emotions precisely, he isn’t just a dancer, he is the dancer in the movie.
John Joseph Travolta was born on February 18, 1954. He is American dancer, actor and singer. Travolta was raised in a family with 6 children in Englewood, New Jersey. His father was a professional American football player. His mother was an actress and singer. You can see, he was raised in a busy family, which was very talented. The fame of his parents could be an huge advantage but also a disadvantage, because he would always be seen as the child of a actress or football player.
Johns career started after he had attended Dwight Morrow High School. He moved to New York City, the city known for the many opportunities, here he landed a role in the musical Grease. After this he moved to Los Angeles to further his career in show business. I mainly now him from his musical movies Grease, Saturday night fever, hairspray and staying alive.
John had less luck with his personal life. He had a relationship with actress Diana Hyland. They met each other at the filming of The boy in the plastic Bubble. Unfortunately Diana died of breast cancer in 1977. He had had a lot of difficulty with the death of Diana. Luckily for him, he found a new girlfriend, actress Kelly Preston. The married in 1991 and the year after they got a child, Jett. Their daughter was born in 2000, Ella Bleu and the youngest son was born in 2010 named Benjamin. There were talks in America that they would counsel the marriage. Travolta has stated that therapy has saved the marriage.
This year, Travolta admitted he had feelings for men instead of women. This is also why Travolta and Kelly had fights all of the time, however Kelly did keep John’s secret.
Conclusion
In my opinion Travolta should be an example for everyone. He made his dreams come true, so why shouldn’t we? I think he made he way to the top, by ignoring the judgement of people, and always believing in himself. Even though his parents were famous, he made his own way to the top.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten